4 new smartcard websites for the Go-Ahead Group
29 February 2012
We recently launched 4 new smartcard websites for the Go-Ahead Group (one of the UK's leading passenger transport companies). Each one provides an online resource travellers can use to purchase smart travel cards and manage their journeys.
A clear, well structured design and complex behind the scenes work ensured the two main objectives were met – a quick and easy to use process, and accurate, secure information storage and transfer. A consistent user experience throughout the scheme was achieved by giving each of the sites a similar structure and process.
You can view the sites here:
- London Midland: www.londonmidland.com/smart-card
- Metrobus: www.metrobus.co.uk/smart-card
- Bluestar: key.bluestarbus.co.uk
- Wilts and Dorset: key.wdbus.co.uk
A bit about our smartcard work for the Go-Ahead Group
We’ve been working closely with the Go-Ahead Group, other companies that help implement the technology and ITSO (a Government-backed, non-profit organisation which defines the UK-wide technical specification for smart ticketing) recently on the introduction of their ‘The Key’ smartcard scheme. The Key involves the introduction of new electronic cards that replace paper tickets and provide travellers with the benefit of:
- Safe and secure online purchase and collection at stations in a one-touch transaction.
- Online account management.
- Quick and easy ticket purchase at self-service machines.
- Added security, as tickets can be quickly cancelled if lost or stolen.
- Increased time saving at the station, going automatically through ticket gates.
- Loading multiple tickets on one card.
So far the scheme has seen great success, for example in Oxford, Go-Ahead’s Oxford Bus Company introduced it last year, and there are now over 30,000 active Key smartcards in use.
See more of our work for the Go-Ahead Group: