As of Monday Southeastern Railway’s new website is live. The redesign incorporates the new company branding and offers clean and up to the minute design cues, including a full-screen background image slideshow on the home page.
As well as a redesign, the new site incorporates:
- Full integration of Nexus Alpha and NRE feeds and web services in order to present essential info to customers
- Mega-menus in the drop-downs to improve the Information Architecture
- Prominent ticket sales widget throughout inviting customers to buy at every point
- A new Media Centre containing news, press releases, images and videos in a beautifully presented page
- Full responsive design, so that each page re-orders and resizes according to the screensize its viewed on, helping to achieve the new ‘Mobile friendly’ label in Google
- A range of passenger information services in a fully redesigned Live Running and Engineering works pages
- Improved marketing opportunities in the Offers section and a variety of banner advert options
Southeastern manages 166 stations serving London, Kent and East Sussex. Owned by Govia (a joint venture between the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis) Southeastern Railways is a third part of the most enduring partnership between transport operators delivering rail franchises in the country.
Paula Dauncey, Sales & Marketing Manager at Imaginet said:
The new Southeastern Railway website is another great example of our skills and experience in the passenger transport and rail sector. We know how to use the extensive data offered by various third parties such as NRE to deliver simple and user friendly transport websites and the new responsive design is an essential feature to meet customers’ needs when on the move.