A successful e-commerce website for an award winning publisher
Rising Stars is a publisher of award-winning books and software for primary and secondary schools. Their mission is to provide a range of products that will really make a difference to children's learning. Since being founded in 2002, they have fast become one of the UK's leading educational publishers.
When we started working with them in 2004 their offline business was thriving but they recognised the potential for further growth by going online.
Our brief since then has been to use our digital expertise to help support their online business by building a powerful e-commerce website with the aim of improving customer service and increasing sales.
This project gave us a brilliant opportunity to use all our expertise in e-commerce.
Throughout the time we’ve worked with Rising Stars we’ve built up an excellent relationship. As their needs have evolved and technology has advanced we’ve worked together to continually improve the site, resulting in improved sales performance and better value for users.
Key features of the Rising Stars website include:
- E-commerce admin providing control over the product catalogue, basket and secure checkout allowing staff to easily manage their online shop.
- Advanced site search so customers can search for products by keyword, key stage or series.
- Customer accounts providing access to previous purchases so customers can review their orders and reorder without having to fill in their details again.
- A CMS giving Rising Stars control over their site.
- An email system so Rising Stars can email registered customers, building relationships and encouraging repeat purchases.
In the first seven weeks following launch, the website accounted for over 1000 orders, which far exceeded expectations. The site continues to attract new customers and is proving to be a real success with existing customers, particularly schools, who order in bulk on the site.