Virginia Hayward Hampers
A modern e-commerce site for a traditional family business
Virginia Hayward is a family business, supplying quality gifts and hampers to consumers, corporate clients and high street retailers – including Selfridges, John Lewis, Waitrose and Interflora.
Since starting out in a kitchen back in 1984, the company has become one of the leading lights in a highly competitive market. They pride themselves on selling fresh, award-winning produce, using state of the art technology – just as their mission says, ‘Traditional Values, Modern Approach’.
In 2008 we created a successful e-commerce website that helped to drive their business forward. Taking into account recent advances in web technology, in early 2012 the decision was made to update the site, improving it further.
The aims for the redesign included:
- Address the trend for mobile and tablet visits to the site.
- Continue to increase market share in the consumer and corporate sectors.
- Help visitors make the best choice, by reinforcing value and the unique gift appeal of each product.
The main focus of this update was making the transition to a responsive web design, addressing the increased mobile and tablet usage by people visiting the site.
Updates to product categorisation and presentation as well as various other improvements to the design of the site were made to help make the site as easy to use as possible; helping improve customer service as well as sales.
Other Key features include:
- An extensive catalogue database - giving authorised staff control of product descriptions, pricing and promotions.
- Integration with back-end distribution software - improving the efficiency of their online operation.
- A complex fulfilment module - allowing personal messaging, multiple addresses and fast delivery of perishable products.
Since 2008, success measures have been improving year on year - especially the number of unique visits and page views, which are key to driving sales and maintaining a contact database.
The site has also won the New Media Age Magazine Site of the Week Award, scoring a massive 95 out of a potential 100.
And we're pleased to say, we've helped a growing and highly respected brand to connect with a whole new audience and discover new ways of working online.
"They've delivered beyond our expectations and within the timescales that they promised. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Imaginet team to anybody looking for a dynamic web solution."
Director - Virginia Hayward